may? cool il bring my 3d camera
dannybee

Dinesh we should start "the Porcelain Cat Group"

Post by dannybee »

I so need a vacation
Holomark

Post by Holomark »

I hope to learn how to "finish" a hologram. To date I have never "cleaned" or sealed a finished hologram - the most I have done thus far is to paint the back black and throw in a frame. Among the million and one things I do not know about holograms, I hope to learn a bit about how to finish and preserve the holograms I make.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

I'm assuming people are coming in at various times on Friday. This gives us a full Saturday and possibly half of Sunday, depending on when people leave. At this time, I'm dancing between spending Sat morning giving talks and shooting on Sat afternoon and Sunday morning, or simply spending the whole of Sat and Sun morning shooting. If the latter, then we can do a (possibly full colour) silver in the morning and dcg in the afternoon. I'll leave the final decision to the group. As for myself, I have an automated stereogram/lenticular/multiplex/whatever system that can make a 12 x 16 master with 1/8th inch slits (so 128 slits give-or-take for a border). The whole thing is completely software controlled and runs off an arduino and a Raspberry Pi. Of course, I can demonstrating this. But if we go the latter route (talks in the morning and shoot in the afternoon), I can talk about how we built the mechanical structure, designed and built the motor driver and programmed the arduino and pi to work together.

Mark, what you call "finishing" a hologram is an overnight process. So, we'll finish the holograms made on Saturday by Sunday morning.
jsfisher

Post by jsfisher »

If the presentations could be captured (video and/or powerpoint and/or handouts and/or photographs) that would be super.
World's worst holographer
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

If people do want to talk, then, with their permission, I can take video, burn it to a dvd and send them to you. I have facilities for Powerpoint presentations, if anyone wants to bring one on a usb thumb drive.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

dannybee wrote:I think the home made plate from china are very interesting and very easy to make into panchromatic, I think hes using the same Idea that Hans De Jong had of loading the silver nitrates in to the gel to get high silver content. much cheaper if you by the plates from him... or you can go into the archives and get the process from Hans De Jong post... they say this process produces plates as good as ultimate http://shop.usa.ultimate-holography.com/ I'm making some plate by this process in the next few weeks i will film the process.... its not difficult at all and much cheaper than buying them ...
Perhaps you could talk about these home-made silver plates and bring some examples. Maybe even bring unexposed plates that we can shoot here.
Holomark

Post by Holomark »

While I could give a nice presentation about bankruptcy law, I am by no means an expert in holography so instead of a thumb drive I will bring some wine.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Well, you've done quite a bit of work on colour, probably more than any of us except perhaps Danny. You might talk about the problems, successes and failures and open it up for a discussion between the rest of us. Colour is a particular interest of mine, so I might be able to constribute something to such a discussion. Hold on! Hold on! I'm apparently talking myself out of a bottle of wine! On second thoughts......
Holomark

Post by Holomark »

I would be happy to talk about the Kaleidoscope of problems I have experienced with two color. I that I really have very little experience I better bring more wine, not less! No worries Dinesh I, I will be bringing wine (likely a Bordeaux with a high Merlot content).