Rudie Berkout

Holography related topics.
holorefugee

Rudie Berkout

Post by holorefugee »

Beginning November 11th 2010, The Rudie Berkhout Collection is opening a new space in Manhattan to showcase the work of this leading holographic artist. Located on Fifth Avenue at 19th St., this wonderful location will make it possible to show his work to interested collectors, museum curators and friends.

Since his death in 2008, Rudie's legacy of art has been curated by Linda Law who has been compiling a comprehensive catalog of his work. In this process she has made an astounding discovery of many unique holograms which have never been shown publicly. Well over 150 new holograms have been identified which fall into several distinct periods of work. We plan to make these available for viewing in stages as the work is prepared for exhibition.

Rudie Berkhout was a master of sculpting light. His exploration of it, as his preferred medium, broke new ground in the realm of fine art. In viewing the totality of his life's work we see an artist's vision that has no precedent. In today's environment, with its flourishing interest in 3D film-making and 3DTV, this unique body of work speaks to our time, created by an artist who was well ahead of his own.

A touring exhibition of Rudie's work is being planned for museums which have expressed interest in hosting it, making the collection available to a wide audience in the near future. In advance of that we would like to cordially invite you to schedule your own appointment for a private viewing in the comfort and convenience of our new location on Fifth Avenue.

Our new space will be open by appointment
only so for those interested in viewing
Rudie Berkhout's holograms please contact Linda Law at:

Rudie Berkhout Collection at gmail dot com.
holochik

Rudie Berkout

Post by holochik »

Rats, I only joined the forum today, and learned of this gallery. And I was just out that way - I would have liked to go.

I was very saddened by Rudie's loss. He was due to come out to visit us in San Diego by the end of (that) year and possibly collaborate on some work. I was hoping to acquire one of his pieces at that time, so if any go on sale, please let me know. Or if the gallery wants to travel this way, I'd also be glad to help out.

MANY thanks to Linda for arranging this gallery. Too many holography greats are lost to history because there was no one to pick up the pieces.
Remembering Fondly,
Joy Padiyar (aka holochik)