Count me in too.
John Klayer

2006 Holography contest sign-up thread

Post by John Klayer »

I'll give it a try too.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Ok, I've sent instructions to all the current entrants on how to take advantage of the pre-contest deals from Integraf and Photographers' Formulary. If you haven't already replied, please do so through email so I'll know the instructions made it through.
LP

Post by LP »

I will take part and now look for an interesting dog.
ron olson

Post by ron olson »

How in blazes can ou have a holography contest judged on photography? I have spent tens of hours imaging dogs and I have several that I'd be proud to enter into serious competition but this is the equivalent of holding an orchestral competition with entrants submitting their compositions played on kazoos.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

ron olson wrote:How in blazes can ou have a holography contest judged on photography?
You do the best with what you've got. The alternatives that I see are:

1) Don't have a contest at all. That would be fun.

2) Have everyone send their holograms to some common place for judging. Since there aren't many places in the world with more than two holographers, that wouldn't be what I consider to be fair.
ron olson wrote:I have spent tens of hours imaging dogs and I have several that I'd be proud to enter into serious competition but this is the equivalent of holding an orchestral competition with entrants submitting their compositions played on kazoos.

If that's the case, you should probably remove all photos of your work from your web site. It's only making your holograms look bad. Then again, you could digitally alter the photos to give the viewers more of an impression of 3D.
BobH

Post by BobH »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Tony

Post by Tony »

Michael, methinks you're being a bit too harsh on Ron, shades of the old D and D wars (Dinesh and Danny). I don't want Ron to take his marbles away...

The obvious answer to me, which solves two problems at once, is to reorganize the PCG and have the contest judging be done there live by the attendees.

This would coordinate the yearly contest with the yearly meeting, and give both more of a reason to happen. I'd also open the contest up to more than just a single entry. That would make for lots of nice holograms at the PCG.