beamsplitting methods

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
JohnFP

beamsplitting methods

Post by JohnFP »

I was just about to say something to the sort, and I hope that even lurkers that take information from this board without contributing abide by what I am about to say.

If someone asks a question about an item for sale on e-bay or any other place they should not have to worry about someone else stealing, and yes it would be stealing, it from them.

Colin's statement is a model how Holographers should respect other Holographers.

John
Colin Kaminski

beamsplitting methods

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I know most of your ebay names but not all. I usually will not bid if I think it is one of us. If you use a name that is not releated to your name then post it here and I'll make sure not to bid against you. (Danny, I don't know what name you bid under.) However I never post questions about ebay items I am going to bid on. I will email someone off the board. If anyone wants my opinion about an item please feel free to email me.

Mark Cavin

beamsplitting methods

Post by Mark Cavin »

I would be happy to send you a couple of them. If they don’t settle my fringe problem I am having with the reflected beam I would send you all of them before I turn them into single use Frisbees.
JohnFP

beamsplitting methods

Post by JohnFP »

Yes I was kidding. It was hard enough getting the geometry to look good on paper. I hope I never need such geometry in real life.
Michael Harrison

beamsplitting methods

Post by Michael Harrison »

Are you still getting fringes off your beamsplitter? I don't recall which one you're using, but can you bond it to a piece of 3/4" glass? That will allow you to card off the back reflection.

---------------------------
If someone says it can't be done but they haven't tried it, don't believe them.
http://www.dragonseye.com/Holography
Dinesh

beamsplitting methods

Post by Dinesh »

The top left corner (looking towards the object from the plate) is not lit. Also the bottom right doesn't appear to be. The top back edge looks a little dim to me. How come the object is drawn with projection but the plate and laser aren't? I assume they're not sticks. Are all those beamsplitters variable, cos if so it must take you forever to adjust them all!

What happens if you have a round object?

I like the "Very powerful laser" although I'd think "Very long coherence length laser might be more appropriate!

I also wondered why you were lighting the back of the object. Then it hit me. You've got another plate back there! This is the John FP secret technique for one-step, full parralax imaging, right? Maybe plates on the sides as well? Hey, why stop at 4, a plate every few degrees all the way around would be even better!
Mark C

beamsplitting methods

Post by Mark C »

OH man am I ever. Nice thick dark fringes. I could not get better fringes if I tried. I use homeless PFG03 plates that have been cleaned up. Tried a prism and there are no fringes, but the thing is to messy and will not clean up good enough to make a beam that does not look like a 15 yr olds acne problem. I had wanted to focus on Denisyuk holograms for another month or so and stay at single beam until a get a little better, but VRP-M aint gonna let me do it!!
Michael Harrison

beamsplitting methods

Post by Michael Harrison »

Go to your local shower glass shop and ask for some 3/4" glass. Since you're already just using plain glass, the thicker stuff will allow you to card off the back reflection and you'll get rid of those fringes.

---------------------------
If someone says it can't be done but they haven't tried it, don't believe them.
http://www.dragonseye.com/Holography
JohnFP

beamsplitting methods

Post by JohnFP »

Shhhhh, you weren't supposed to tell anyone! LOL!

Mark Cavin

beamsplitting methods

Post by Mark Cavin »

I will do that. Thank you. I should then glue the beam splitter Frisbees when I get them to the ¾ inch glass also? I will be so happy to move onto the next mind numbing problem.