Practical Holography XXV

Holography related topics.
favalora

Practical Holography XXV

Post by favalora »

Nice!

I will be at SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging for the 3D display conference (which is always oddly decoupled from Practical Holography, at a different site). Perhaps I'll at least get the proceedings of the holography one...

g

ps The 3D display conference is: http://www.stereoscopic.org.
Dinesh

Practical Holography XXV

Post by Dinesh »

favalora wrote:Nice!

I will be at SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging for the 3D display conference (which is always oddly decoupled from Practical Holography, at a different site). Perhaps I'll at least get the proceedings of the holography one...
For what it's worth, there was some discussion a few years back about the connection between Holography and 3D. There was a vote on whether the holographers should go with SPIE or with IS&T. I believe that if the holographers voted to stay with SPIE which meant that we could no longer go to the 3D conference because they were holding their meeting at a different site at a different time. I remember at the time having a longish discussion with Joel Kollin and Pierre St. Hilaire. Joel (as I remember) said that if there was a split, he'd migrate to the IS&T 3D conference. As is well known, the holographers did split off from the 3D, which, for me anyway, meant that I don't see some of the usual faces I used to see in San Jose. Of course, all of this is dragged from memory so I may be hazy on some of it.
tarzan

Practical Holography XXV

Post by tarzan »

how can i attend these conferences? anyone can join? or do i have to get an invitation? is there anyone who will attend?
BobH

Practical Holography XXV

Post by BobH »

Go to their registration pages and register as a student for a significant discount on the fees. If you do attend, you're welcome to visit me in San Jose. Of course, that's only if you want to talk about holography and/or old lasers! :shock: ;)
walschuler

Practical Holography XXV

Post by walschuler »

I am hoping that those going can get together for dinner and maybe more some night
or day. My cell is 415-725-3800. As usual, my semester starts just before the meetings.....
walschuler

Practical Holography XXV

Post by walschuler »

I am hoping that those going can get together for dinner and maybe more some night
or day. My cell is 415-725-3800. As usual, my semester starts just before the meetings.....
tarzan

Practical Holography XXV

Post by tarzan »

i am new for this kind of registrations. do you know if i can attend all sections,lectures and workshops? it s acceptable for a student to pay 300$ as registration fee, but section prices are very high, it s said around 800-1000$.
favalora

Practical Holography XXV

Post by favalora »

Yes, these symposia (collections of conferences) are REALLY expensive. Generally, you can attend any of the conferences that are on the same site as the one you registered for. For example, if you register for Electronic Imaging, you can wander around the various conferences that are all part of Electronic Imaging. The Practical Holography conference is part of Photonics West, or something, right? I would bet that the SPIE website will tell you what conferences you can attend. (Or you can call them, they're helpful and friendly.)

g
Ed Wesly

Practical Holography XXV

Post by Ed Wesly »

As a bonus, not in the program, I will be giving a presentation on Gallery 1134, aka Chicago Museum of Holography dba Fine Arts Research and Holographic Center, etc. It should be a stitch!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols