Looking for photopolymer films

Sell or buy stuff.
Forum rules
Finding new homes for holography-related items is encouraged. Even commercial enterprises with goods to offer are welcome as long as it is in the spirit of members helping members. If a for-sale post reads like an infomercial, though, you have probably crossed the line of acceptability.
GMeakin

Looking for photopolymer films

Post by GMeakin »

As you may know, Litiholo is currently non-operational due to flooding.
I'm looking for alternative sources of similar photopolymer film. Does anyone have links or sources to contact?
Many thanks
BobH

Re: Looking for photopolymer films

Post by BobH »

How much do you want? Are you able to mount it to glass plates yourself?
pluto

Post by pluto »

I recently saw a post on r/holography of a hologram made with the Covestro Bayfol HX200 photopolymer: https://www.reddit.com/r/Holography/com ... topolymer/

One of the most vivid holograms I've seen, much less for a photopolymer.

Manufacturer website: https://solutions.covestro.com/en/brands/bayfol
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

That's an amazing hologram, Pluto. By the way, I never got the chance to thank you for the Sapphire 488-200. It's working really well :)
pluto

Post by pluto »

Hi Joe! I'm very glad to hear that, and you're very welcome :)
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Hey just got an order in of Hx-200 , if u need send me a PM
Available in 4”x6” packs or in 12” roll / meter ..
Cycy

Post by Cycy »

Hello everyone,
Also interested in this PP HX200 Bayfol from Covestro for recording monochrome red (650nm, 5mw) Denisyuk hologram. I don’t have any experience and tips/recs would be helpful:
- Is the exposure time substantially longer than PFG-01 film?
- Do you place the PP film between two glass plates, just like standard emulsion film?
- Should the protective cover film be removed before recording?
- Is there any particular post-treatments needed to guarantee the image will not “fade” over the years ?

I contacted Covestro (https://solutions.covestro.com/) for a sample but still awaiting a response and pricing details
Tks
BobH

Post by BobH »

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. The cover sheet is removed, and the material mounted to a glass plate by pressing the photopolymer side (which is sticky like a post-it note) to the glass. Particles on the glass will cause bubbles, so this needs to be done in a very clean area.
4. Only a UV post cure, which can be done with sunlight.

Member here Dave Battin (and Geola) can sell you sheets. Liti Holographics sells 2x3" plates. Where are you located?

5mW of 650nm red may be difficult to make a hologram with photopolymer. Dave sells a 50mW green laser that's great for it, for a very reasonable $250.
Cycy

Post by Cycy »

Thanks BobH,
I'm based in Ireland and sourcing materials is a bit difficult here!
Is the photopolymere film left on the glass plate after recording ? i.e. for every hologram made one need to have spare glass plate available?
I will try to find a 50mw SLM or narrow linewidth LD.
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Regarding availability, I ordered from Geola in Lithuania recently with no problems. They are professional and fast.

https://www.geola.com/product/photopolymer/

The total cost including shipping to the US was 149 Euros for 36 sheets of HX200 (2 packs of 18 each) of the 10cm X 10cm size.