What do/did I have??

Starting point for beginners questions.
Grampsinthe415

What do/did I have??

Post by Grampsinthe415 »

Hey Everybody- Back in the mid 80's I bought 3- 5 x 7 holograms (you hang them on the wall, put a light over them and they project out). One was a green Merlin type guy with a staff, one was I think a yellow unicorn and I can't remember the 3rd one. I'm not 100% sure but I think they're up in the rafters and I'd like to know what are they? What are they worth now? How can I find more?
Thanks
BobH

Re: What do/did I have??

Post by BobH »

Is this one of them? I made it for Peter Scheir's Another Dimension in New Haven, CT in '84. Also sold a few through Holos Gallery in San Francisco.
Wizard.jpg
Wizard.jpg (44.26 KiB) Viewed 4943 times
Grampsinthe415

Post by Grampsinthe415 »

That looks like it, you made them?
Grampsinthe415

Post by Grampsinthe415 »

I probably should have put in a little more info, I bought these in a little store on 4th st in San Rafael so they must have come from San Francisco. Any idea what they're worth? Do you still sell them?
BobH

Post by BobH »

Only very few of them, not 50 I think but I could dig out the number. Haven't made one since '88. Still have the 12x16" transmission hologram master. I have one myself (the one pictured) but that's it. No idea on price. Depends on condition. Keep it out of sunlight.
BobH

Post by BobH »

You got me curious so I dug it out. Looks like I made 130 of that one I called "Wizard".
Grampsinthe415

Post by Grampsinthe415 »

Very cool, it's sounds like you no longer make them. Did you also make the unicorn? I'm pretty sure that's what is was. Is it just called a hologram picture? Do you have any recommendations on where to buy more of these type of holograms?
BobH

Post by BobH »

Those are reflection holograms. I never did a unicorn. Maybe Cherry Optical in Sebastopol. There are individual makers of such holograms but no company making them. Ask on Facebook's Holography group page. There are some on Ebay but you have to slog through a ton of crap before you'll find it. Member Smirholo (Valery) here makes and sells reflection holograms. Zebra Imaging. Dig out the third one you have and post pics of them.
Valery

Post by Valery »

BobH wrote:Those are reflection holograms. I never did a unicorn. Maybe Cherry Optical in Sebastopol. There are individual makers of such holograms but no company making them. Ask on Facebook's Holography group page. There are some on Ebay but you have to slog through a ton of crap before you'll find it. Member Smirholo (Valery) here makes and sells reflection holograms. Zebra Imaging. Dig out the third one you have and post pics of them.
We need to see the photo unicorn.
Maybe I have this.
Maybe that's interesting?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-true-3d-gl ... 2009545540

while
Valery.
Din

Post by Din »

BobH wrote:There are individual makers of such holograms but no company making them.
Actually, we still make display holos. No real call for them, so we make them on an individual basis for artists and students. Having said that, we have made professional display holograms for corporations, but they are expensive for artists, collectors etc.

Having said that, we do have artists coming here for a week doing their own projects. For example, Duck Hee from Korea spent a week here making holograms for her show in Korea.