Is Anyone Selling Optics For My First Holographic Table

Starting point for beginners questions.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

holomaker wrote:(never gone 2 minuets in developing bath)
I usually aim for 2 to 3 minutes in the developer. I don't know the actual OD that I take the film to, because I use the when-the-safelight-gets-barely-visible technique of developing. Unfortunately, Fuji is a pan emulsion, so I can't use my usual (red) safelight and can't use my seat-of-the-pants technique. I actually use an orange LED with the limiting resistor cranked down so it's pretty dim. But, since my intuitive method of judging by the safelight no longer works, so I usually go for two and a half minutes and adjust exposure according to results.

By the way, for any interested parties out there, it is possible to track your development visually if you're using monchromatic emulsion. Get a laser (or even an LED) of the opposite colour of your emulsion for a transmission hologram (red diode for green-blue film, eg) and hit the wet, black film with it at roughly the reference beam angle. Typically, an unbleached transmission is about 5 to 10% so shining a laser through it will show a 2d image on a wall. So, as you develop, when it begins to turn dark, if you stand it up and zap with the opposite colour laser so as to project an image on a wall or screen every few seconds, you'll see it go brighter and brighter, then get dimmer and dimmer. There is a technique where you can do this real-time, in situ by having fiber go underneath your developing dish so you see the image come up as you develop. It's a little tricky to do this for a display piece, though, because you have to look at it at the right angle.
indigital

Post by indigital »

Hi Brandon, what size is your film holder? ill send you a glass plate to carry your film while you are doing test shots, i just need to know the size your holder will accept(i suggest 5x6 plate holder to start)
Hi Holomaker, sorry I just noticed this message. I don't have a plate holder built yet but my book has instructions for building one. I will aim for the dimensions that you recommend when I build it, thanks.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

ok your goodies will arrive soon....
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Brandon, please check your messages .............