Seeking Experiences and Resources for DIY Holographic Printer Construction

Holography related topics.
Magnetfeldverteilung

Seeking Experiences and Resources for DIY Holographic Printer Construction

Post by Magnetfeldverteilung »

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I've been intrigued by the idea of building my own holographic printer based on stereo images. I believe that creating holographic prints at home could be an incredibly rewarding project, both in terms of learning and producing unique visual experiences.

I'm reaching out to this community to inquire about your experiences with building holographic printers from scratch. Have any of you attempted this before? If so, I'd love to hear about your journey, including any challenges you faced and how you overcame them. Additionally, if you've achieved success in creating high-quality holographic prints, I'm particularly interested in learning from your insights and techniques.

Furthermore, I'm curious if there are any websites or online resources that provide comprehensive guides or tutorials for constructing high-quality holographic printers. While I'm prepared to dive into research and experimentation, having a solid starting point would be immensely helpful.

So, if you have any advice, recommendations, or even cautionary tales to share regarding DIY holographic printer construction, please don't hesitate to chime in. Let's collaborate and explore the exciting world of holography together!

Thank you in advance for your contributions.
jrburns47

Re: Seeking Experiences and Resources for DIY Holographic Printer Construction

Post by jrburns47 »

Where are you located? Depending on where you are, there might be someone relatively near you doing exactly what you’re looking for.

Have you done a google search?

There’s a ton of literature available through SPIE. You’lll have to become a member to access it.

There’s also a bunch of excellent masters theses on the topic available for free download though MIT Media Lab website. You might have to dig around.

The state of the art bible is “UltraRealistic Imaging” by David Brotherton-Radcliffe & Hans Bjelkhagen.

The book, Practical Holography, 4th edition, has an excellent primer on the topic.

You can look in the document library on my website, holorez.com, and access my pdf “Anatomy of a hologram setup”.

You can look on Geola’s website and, especially, Ultimate Holography, if you’re interested in state of the art.

Jacques Desbiens, through the online International School of Holography, is teaching an excellent course on how to prepare imagery for having holograms made on the state of the art hologram printers at Ultimate Holography and Geola.
Good luck!