Steps in the field of Holography

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
binitgoenka

Post by binitgoenka »

hey guys,

I am a beginner in the field of holography. Have worked on making few transmission holograms as of now.

I needed help in knowing what next to do. I have been going through the topics here and it has helped me a lil bit.

Though i thought it would be nice if someone told the exact steps in the field of holography. like next should I work on compute generated holograms or digital holography. Though digital holography is somehing in which i am keen in working, is it possible that I directly start working on it. with just the basic knowledge of holograms.

thanks
Awaiting for a reply
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Welcome!

Your path is really one you need to choose. After I made single beam reflections and split beam transmissions I started to H1 to H2s. What are your goals, are you trying to make art?
binitgoenka

Post by binitgoenka »

yes, u can say so. I want to use holography in stage shows and so i am more interestd in digital holography. Is it possible for a beginner like me to go ahead with digital holography. and cud u suggest me a few books on it also
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The exact how to for digital holography has not been written. If you study general holography then read up on what is published about Zebra and Liti imaging you could replicate the process but at a very high cost. For figuring all of the analog setups a great practical introduction is Graham Saxby's Practical Holography.
MfA

Post by MfA »

I think Zebra/Liti/Ultimate Holography all use variations on the method described in this thesis (Direct-Write Digital Holography by John Peter Tapsell). The founder of Zebra Imaging originally researched pure fringe based methods, but I doubt that is what they are actually using now.

Anyway, digital holography is about research and thousand dollar holograms ... consumerization of small run digitally created display holograms is a way off, let alone any type of realtime display for stage shows.