Blackening the emulsion for reflexion holograms

Starting point for beginners questions.
soda

Re: Blackening the emulsion for reflexion holograms

Post by soda »

The UV cures the LOCA glue. Complete sequence is: Pre-swell the film to get blue shift and replay in green. I use alcohol with small amount of water. The amount of the water control the blue shift. Simply drop few drops on glass and lay the film on it, add another drops and add another glass. Wait few minutes and the sandwich is ready to be exposed by pulsed ruby. For CW is better to use TEA. You can skip this step if you use chrome bleach or you want to preserve original color. After exposition I develop it roughly 2min in SM6 (for CW work CW-C2 should be better) and bleached it in Brilland bleach. After slow and complete drying I drop small amount of LOCA to clean glass, lay on it the hologram and press it by another glass. Then expose it to UV to cure the LOCA glue - resulting with permanently attached hologram to glass. The LOCA glue have simillar index of ref. as glass, the interface between disappears.
See the result - H2 copy of this way processed pulsed ruby master, dandelion in my dirty fingers :-)
Attachments
pampeliska.JPG
pampeliska.JPG (676.7 KiB) Viewed 4224 times