LOOKING TO HIRE HOLOGRAPHER SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY

Looking to work in holography? Need a holographer? Post here!
horrifi cholo

Post by horrifi cholo »

Hello my name is Micheal and I'm looking for a Holographer to for some work done. I thought that the first couple of guys that responded were serious but my time was completely wasted so I'm posting this again. The pay for this will be between $75 and $200 depending on quality,size, and the time it takes for the work to be done. I need a Holographer who can produce his/her own emulsion and has his/her own equipment supplies. I will be needing this hologram created on a specialized film that I will be producing Polyester PET film. If the emulsion is silver halide or dichromate gelatin that is fine. The following link viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5475 is very similiar to how I want the hologram to come out looking. Payment will be done via escrow or paypal and if everything works out I will be needing this done on a ongoing basis so please if you are able to handle this type of work and maybe have some work you can show me. Then get in contact with me. The latest I would like for work to be done is no later than Dec 20th, 2008.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

BobH wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Bob ??? can you explain your responce? dont want to give the person the wrong impression of us! whats wrong with his proposal?
BobH

Post by BobH »

A perfectly rational response to a request from someone who obviously believes a hologram can be made as easily as a hot dog. AND he wants it NOW, damn it, NOW!!!!

Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick any two.

He'll get someone's attention if he adds a couple of zeros to his bid.
horrifi cholo

Post by horrifi cholo »

BobH wrote:A perfectly rational response to a request from someone who obviously believes a hologram can be made as easily as a hot dog. AND he wants it NOW, damn it, NOW!!!!

Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick any two.

He'll get someone's attention if he adds a couple of zeros to his bid.

I saw your reply on my post. If you are not interested please don't slander my posting. By the way what I was looking for was someone who over time I could trust swing more money on other projects. I look at this as a trial. Again serious inquiries only.
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Bob i do see you point.

Micheal do you have any idea how a hologram is produced?
From your post i get the idea your into products and see something that you could sell but yet have no understand in the development of that product, Am I correct?
To produce a sticker type idem on a "Polyester PET film" take a lot of work and understand what medium is best suited for your end product....
Many people see the polymers and foils (like on ebay)and dont relize the work that went into them at the front end of the project. The bright dcg hologram that you where linking to is a very specialized hologram hand made would be very dificult to coat the "Polyester PET film"....the only medium that come close to that brightness is polymers and that film is very hard to get because of what its used for. Then there is film not as bright as the last 2, but it would have to be laminated on to you "Polyester PET film" or coat the polyerster with home made silver/br gel.....thats if it sticks to it.

so maybe if you knew what your asking to do you would be a bit more understanding in cost and time, and a bit clear in your product ideas
horrifi cholo

Post by horrifi cholo »

Danny Bee wrote:Bob i do see you point.

Micheal do you have any idea how a hologram is produced?
From your post i get the idea your into products and see something that you could sell but yet have no understand in the development of that product, Am I correct?
To produce a sticker type idem on a "Polyester PET film" take a lot of work and understand what medium is best suited for your end product....
Many people see the polymers and foils (like on ebay)and dont relize the work that went into them at the front end of the project. The bright dcg hologram that you where linking to is a very specialized hologram hand made would be very dificult to coat the "Polyester PET film"....the only medium that come close to that brightness is polymers and that film is very hard to get because of what its used for. Then there is film not as bright as the last 2, but it would have to be laminated on to you "Polyester PET film" or coat the polyerster with home made silver/br gel.....thats if it sticks to it.

so maybe if you knew what your asking to do you would be a bit more understanding in cost and time, and a bit clear in your product ideas

ok I am a collector not a commercial company. I don't see anywhere in my post where I come off wanting this for commercial purposes. I do understand the development takes time. However I do know it does not takes months to produce 2 holograms 7 by 7 each like this one guy Billy Bob was telling me. It would help if people were a little bit more professional and mature in their responses expecially if your trying to make a valid point. I am looking for something simple. I need whatever has to be done to have this hologram produced on my film. That should not be a hard thing to do. Suggestions are welcomed. This is not a sticker hologram for the film has no adhesives. I have plain flexible film that needs the emulsion, the laser work, and the time put into it. One more time please I need someone who is serious. I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my time on here. There has to be a guy who is top notch and knows how to communicate effectively with me so we can get this thing going. If you are interested send me a message so we can provide each others number and talk directly to one another.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

May I take the time to explain a few things?

Reseach is usualy is not priced by piece work. You set a price, let's say $500 and then write up a contract that includes things like; 2 different formulas to be tried in making 4 holograms in each emulsion. Best attempts but if results are promising and the contractee wishes to continue in a direction then that is open for $75 for each additional hologram in the direction of his choosing. Furthermore, it is a little more difficult to coat and use PET film rather then glass. I'm curious if you would accept tries as simple Denisyuk holograms?

To simply come out and state you want research done then include the comment that price is based partially on quality, well I think that will scare almost any professional holographer away. It's research. The Polyester film may not allow adequate light through for reflections holograms. The film may alter polarization for transmission holograms. The film my block particular wavelengths. so then laser type is important. The film may not be stable for long perionds of time when exposed to light. DCG hardends and shrinks as it is exposed and processed, needless to say this is very bad for fringe recording on Poly film. You get the picture.

You may find a hobbiest like myself to do it just to have fun and if it turns out then I get some cash for my trouble, but again, it's way to risky for a professional holograph to take seriously.

I think if you repost and put some research money up (in escrow or upon delivery of test sample or something agreeable) first with the potential of paying a little extra to take a few final steps if the tests prove promising, may get a better response. And there is surely nothing wrong with setting a time limit if you both agree. I do think producing 8 holograms (4 in each of two different batches of emulsion) could be done in a couple of weeks. Also, if you find someone, you could ask some of the more notable persons on this forum their opinion on the character, reliability and honesty of the person in a Private Mail.

I can only produce Denisyuks at the moment. And only make DCG as my emulsion.

Well there is my take. Good luck!

Peace, have a good day,
John