Portrait stereograms

Simple answers are here! For Theory look in General Holography.
arturo

Portrait stereograms

Post by arturo »

Hi all!

A friend of mine has just had her first baby, and I thought a portrait of them both would make a blast of a gift. Unfortunately, it is beyond my capabilities to do it :oops: , so I was wondering if anyone could give some advice regarding companies doing this from pre-shot footage or photo series.

Thanks.

Arturo.
holo_cyware

Portrait stereograms

Post by holo_cyware »

You'd better wait till the baby is 1 year old, because they tend to change a lot in the first year. In the mean time you may get better skills ;)

You may want to have a look here; it sounds like what you're after: http://www.geola.lt/lt/mobile_phone_holography/
arturo

Portrait stereograms

Post by arturo »

holo_cyware wrote:You'd better wait till the baby is 1 year old, because they tend to change a lot in the first year. In the mean time you may get better skills ;)
Yep, but she's so cute now!!!!!
You may want to have a look here; it sounds like what you're after: http://www.geola.lt/lt/mobile_phone_holography/
Thanks, actually this I had seen before, and this is the one that started me thinking about the whole thing... But I really don't feel comfortable with the fixed-camera / look-around setup they need, even less for a baby... I thought I might simmulate this by sitting mom and baby on a rotating stool, but yet I am not sure how this sould turn out.

It would be easier to shoot with the camera moving straigth (parallel or pointing to the "objects") or around them...
Colin Kaminski

Portrait stereograms

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The geometry of the shoot has to match the geometry of the holographic setup. It is better if you can calculate some corrections and apply them to the images. If you want to do this a lot then take the frames in a straight line setup remembering the holographic setup will be more difficult. If you only want to do a few then have the subjects on a rotations stage and make a round hologram like The Kiss II by Loyd Cross. The slit width should be small but larger than your pupil. The slit width and the size of film will set the number of frames to take and the rotation you need.