2008 Holography Contest is now open !

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

ok here's some more prizes, this time its from Alec Jeong the nice folks at INTERGRAF.

Yes, we’d be happy and honored to support the holography contest at the forum. The forum is an invaluable asset to the holography community.

PRIZES

To the beginner contest winner: $75 certificate

To the advanced contest winner: $75 certificate

DISCOUNT ON SUPPLIES

In addition, we'll offer a special discount for those shopping for supplies for the contest between now and November 15: 10% discount off any purchase from our website, even "on sale" items, regardless of total purchase amount. Please kindly post this in the holography contest section of your forum, so that your members are aware of it. Discount cannot be combined with other holography forum discounts, and the maximum discount per order is $25. Mention the promotion code "HFO-Contest-2008" when ordering.

Kind regards,

Alec Jeong
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Another donated prize has been added to the pile , thanks (this time) to Jeffrey Weil
NorthBeach Holography Inc.. This rare 12x12 inch photopolymer hologram was shot by Larry Liberman and can be seen at the “prizes” page, via the contest link below. Thanks Jeffrey and all the other contributors!

Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Hey Dave,
Hope your out there.
I have a few questions.
I consider myself a beginner but wanted to submit a holo in the advance side, is that cool?
If I get lucky, can I submit more that one?

Lastly, I never mounted a hologram on anything but cardboard. What is consider good mount? Got any exapmles?
Danny Bee

Post by Danny Bee »

Dutchelm05 wrote:Hey Dave,
Hope your out there.
I have a few questions.
I consider myself a beginner but wanted to submit a holo in the advance side, is that cool?

Lastly, I never mounted a hologram on anything but cardboard. What is consider good mount? Got any exapmles?
wow way that cool! you have just been taken off the governments endangered spices list. :lol:
I think one of the most important things is mounting. If its a dcg you may want it viewable from both sides if thats so you could mount it between 2 matts then frame. or you may want to mount it on a large glass plate or plastic plate using uv glue giving it a modern look.

when your ready to submit there is a submittal form on the site
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Dutchelm05 wrote:Hey Dave,
Hope your out there.
I have a few questions.

Hi Tony and others! To answer your questions, it’s going to be up to the judges what category it fits into, I’m sure yours will be placed properly. If you could submit more than one contest hologram that would be GREAT and encouraged! I will have a few announcements to make shortly (couple days) about further details........

The mounting of the hologram will be graded as well so keep it clean and simple. Look at some of the past year(s) contest holograms for examples. Good luck!

click link above to see prior contest holograms.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Danny Bee wrote:If its a dcg you may want it viewable from both sides if thats so you could mount it between 2 matts then frame.
Here is an example of what danny's talking about.
Dutchelm05

Post by Dutchelm05 »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.
Nothing to submit just yet. But I have been shooting getting ready for a big shoot.
I'm in new territory with waht I'm doing and it is presenting me with lots of challeges.
I'm sure I will be seeking knowledge soon enough
Good hearing from both of you!
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I have decided to shoot a hologram on the kitchen floor with a stock Integraf kit and no other optics. :)
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi Collin,
I hope things are going better. So you plan to submit a holo made on the kitchen floor with a stock kit? :) When you go camping do you take only a pocket knife and a compass? :) I would bring food and beer too; lots of beer. Good luck! Phil 142laser
BobH

Post by BobH »

I think that's a great idea, Colin! In fact, I wish I'd have thought to suggest it as the ground rules for the contest. Everyone starts out with the same kit, and we do the best we can with that. Could be a real challenge! :)

For those with lots of holography experience, it would take us back to basics. Perhaps frustratingly for me, accustomed to working on a 5x12' table with micrometers on everything and all the bells and whistles. For those new to holography, it would level the field. It allows all to focus on subject composition, model making and/or finishing. :wink: