2008 Holography Contest?

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
Danny Bee

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Danny Bee »

Cool me too, I was thinking of a full home made hologram from H1 to H2 including the home made silver plate and DCG..
JohnFP

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by JohnFP »

Just a thought to throw out there and possible lure some other sto partake.

What if instead of having a first place, second place, etc. we judge on most artistic, best home made model, cleanest hologram, most creative, etc.

Any thoughts?
Seventh Son

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Seventh Son »

What if instead of having a first place, second place, etc. we judge on most artistic, best home made model, cleanest hologram, most creative, etc.
Lets do it!

This Topic is hidden under the 2007 contest header. Maybe it should be moved to the main board?
Danny Bee

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Danny Bee »

JohnFP wrote:Just a thought to throw out there and possible lure some other sto partake.

Any thoughts?
yes that might be nice, if we get enuff people to enter
142laser

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by 142laser »

Hi All,
The contest is a great idea and should continue! I think 5 mW and under may be too restrictive and suggest 10 mW and under. Many 5 mW rated polarized HeNe's output 7-8 mW right? So who will donate prizes?

I will donate and send to Collin for safekeeping a like new Newport Model 520 plateholder. This will hold 4x5 glass plates with ample clearence. They were (gulp) about $900 new. Olnly used for about 15 exposures by a little old lady...:) What say Collin? Prizes? Phil 142laser

PS I am also about to list two "classic" HeNe holography lasers for sale for those purists that want to use a laser made in the 1970's-1980's. :)
dave battin

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by dave battin »

good job Phil ! maybe the others that benifit from this site will follow in your foot steps! i have given the framed/mounted hologram "forever friends" to the contest prizes as well.

you are correct Phil in suggesting the 10MW or less catagory, my effort was to encourage the beginner, i was thinking most would be using the laser pointers instead of the good old hene tubes........ :lol:

colin has any one else donated any more prizes?

when can we expect an announcement/theme?
Colin Kaminski

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I really need a show of hands. With two entries it is not worth the effort. Michael was the best at organizing prizes but his work life has overtaken his holography for a little while.
dave battin

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by dave battin »

Colin Kaminski wrote:I really need a show of hands. With two entries it is not worth the effort.
Colin do you mean two entries of prizes? i can solicit a few companies to make donations. PM me if you would like me to do this...........
Dutchelm05

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by Dutchelm05 »

My hand is still up
JohnFP

2008 Holography Contest?

Post by JohnFP »

I'll throw $50 US in the pot.