2007 Holography Contest is Open!

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) I'd like to know something also. As far as I know the prizes have yet to be announced in the last three weeks. I was discussing this with a friend and her and I came up with three theories:
1. The prizes are not guaranteed yet by the sponsors.
2. This is an elaborate experiment in psychology to see how much work will be done for the belief there will be prizes. A.K.A. Project Scooby Snacks.
3. There's a fear that mentioning one of the prizes is a tiara and sash that must be worn next year when this year's winner presents a hologram to next year's winner would scare off self-respecting holographers.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The first answer is correct. I have not yet secured all of the prizes and don't want to offend anyone by adding prizes late. Although I like the third answer best.
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) I might need to enter the 2008 contest. After 20 tries the single-beam images are still getting better but the images are way too faint. Ten more tries this weekend and I will be out of plates. Don't worry though. I am not discouraged and even my failures have been worthwhile. Wish me luck on my last ten attempts.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

If you want some professionals to look at one and give them feedback send it in! Entry is free.
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) O.K. I'll send #22 of the 24 attempts. Not as much detail as I would have liked but it is bright in sunlight. At least I won't be giving away any holograms next year. :lol:
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

good going david! im sure youll geat an "A" for effort! i just sent my box off to colin as well. i was rushing a bit and forgot to include the recipe i used to make these two holograms (one large and one small). i was sad to send these holograms off, as they were a bit like family ........... :cry:
DrOutlier

Post by DrOutlier »

8) If anybody cares, I wrote a little about my holographic project in my, "The Future Needs Us" blog http://www.futurologist.tv/blog/

I could have wrote it on holovision.tv but I need the traffic for my new site. :D