John P...DCG

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
danny Bruza

John P...DCG

Post by danny Bruza »

wasnt the formula you used at PCG was bloom 230 4,10,100 ?
JohnFP

John P...DCG

Post by JohnFP »

Well, I use off the shelf Knox Unflavored gelatin and through contacting them they stated that the bloom is around 230. So I believe you are correct. As for concentrations, as far as I remember you are correct except I believe it was 3 grams of AmDi not 4. Also more Gelatin seems to be better up to 14 grams.

Hey, You should contact Dinesh for some plates, I believe you showed some interest way back.

I have been meaning to ask you, how did you clean your large plate in which the emulsion came off? And, how hot do you think the processing fixer was? I have had my fixer up to 90 degrees F. and never saw a desolution of the emulsion. It sound as thought the plate was not clean or something contaminated the fixer. That is where is came off, right, in the fixer?

Peace friend!
danny bruza

John P...DCG

Post by danny bruza »

it was a bubble that formed in middle of glass plate, do to a smuge on the glass.......witch caused the gel to shrink of the glass a** it was hardening from the fixer
JohnFP

John P...DCG

Post by JohnFP »

It surely could have been because of a smudge but I believe DCG does not shrink in the fixer. It forms additional crosslinking at the exposed sites and actually softens and swells in the fixer. Hardening, I believe is a misleading word for what the fixer does unless you speak of PH hardening.

danny bruza

John P...DCG

Post by danny bruza »

well i talked to dinesh and told him what happen...and thats thr resoning he gave me, and think back..(it happend so fast) thats what happen a bubble started to form in middle of plate under the gel...then it spread to the whole plate