color holograms!

These are all of the old posts from the first two years of the forum. They are locked.
Updated: 2005-03-28 by HoloM (the god)
Dinesh

color holograms!

Post by Dinesh »

My first true color hologram!

Done on BBV Pan film using 633 and 514. The 633 from a laser, lent to me by Larry, was approx 7mW and the 514 from our own Argon. Both beams were set to be approx 0.22 microwatts/sq cm at the plate. After 6 or 7 attempts I discovered that the sensitivity of R and G were very different in the BBV Pan stuff. Having adjusted this annd changed from (my usual) CWC2/PBQ processing to AAC/Pot. Dich rehal I got it! You would think after all these years I'd become a little jaded, but watching this appear as the plate dried was like going back to my dad's garage twenty two years ago and seeing my first hologram come out. Sorry, a touch emotional, too English for this sort of display, really.
Also, we've managed to get the hang of pseudo color DCG

We got about 12 in a row with the same color rendition. This was done with one wavelength (not switching lambda's) using swelling.

Greg G

color holograms!

Post by Greg G »

Very cool,Dinesh...
kaveh

color holograms!

Post by kaveh »

I can imagine your delight. If only we could spread this amazing feeling, which must be the closest thing to magic. Congratulations, Dinesh. Let's see more!
Kris Meerlo

color holograms!

Post by Kris Meerlo »

Great job
Larry

color holograms!

Post by Larry »

I had a chance to see the golfing 'gator hologram in person. Not that I've seen that many holograms, but it was very cool that the red portions stayed red and green stayed green even with very extreme viewing angles!

Good job dialing in the exposure times and developers Dinesh. Who did you say supplies these BBV panchromatic plates?

Michael Harrison

color holograms!

Post by Michael Harrison »

Those are really fine.

Great job!

---------------------------
If someone says it can't be done but they haven't tried it, don't believe them.
http://www.dragonseye.com/Holography

Are you going to the next PCG Gathering?
http://www.dragonseye.com/Holography/PCGGI.html
Larry

color holograms!

Post by Larry »

How many different exposures did you make to get the complete color DCG hologram?

Jean

color holograms!

Post by Jean »

Superbe ! (en français dans le texte)
Well done Dinesh and Joy !
Lucas Fousekis

color holograms!

Post by Lucas Fousekis »

They are WONDERFUL. BEAUTIFUL. very good work.
Dinesh

color holograms!

Post by Dinesh »

Thank you all!
Jean: (en Francais malaise, je pense) il n'etait pas facile! Quel surprise, il fait bien.
Larry: I was talking to Mike of Colourholographics and in the process of ordering his deep blue plates, I talked about my always wanting to do full color. I mentioned I'd heard about his pan film. Apparently, the BBV pan plates have to be made to order. From what I understand, he doesn't have them in stock. However, he mentioned that he could throw in a couple of off-cuts with my deep blue film order. The BBV pan film is exceptionally clean but the presensitization in pitch black ain't easy. I'm going to try PFG-03C next. The DCG was done with two exposures and two different lightings.