coherent 215m-10 laser with controller

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

The laser loks nice Dave. The head heat sink is great; no fan required. The controller should also have a heatsink and hat is why I am going to just mount both parts with the short cable together on one nice large heatsink. It will look cool and it is easy. :) Phil, 142laser
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

the controller runs a little warm, i have never had my 315's controller on a heat sink, i put this unit on rubber feet to allow some convection.
the large sticker on the controller says "mount laser head to heat sink"........... i guess the proof will be in the pudding when i make a hologram with it :pray:
142laser

Post by 142laser »

It is a good idea to heatsink the controller as well especially on higher power systems like 315M's but the head is far more critical.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

here is a quick video of a test shot i did using the coherent 215m laser. the total depth in this test shot is more than 45 inches deep! one can easily see the third microscope objective in the forground @ 36 inches and then beyond that ! :whistle: :D
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

i forgot to mention the set up for this hologram, its a one beam transmission shot with fuji film and i used only two mirrors (one concave),to make this .........
The_Stranger

Post by The_Stranger »

Wow, nice hologram..

On a sidenote, do not hesitate to buy from Dave, I bought a HeNe laser from him and he's been more than helpful. (if only the postalservice and customs were as quick as he was, I could have been playing with it allready.. :cry: )
pietroc

Post by pietroc »

Hi Dave,

I thought you would be contacting me through email ?

best regards,
Pietro
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

pietroc wrote:Hi Dave,

I thought you would be contacting me through email ?

best regards,
Pietro
Sorry Pietroc this unit has been sold locally. I have now two more units and one is an OEM version (@30 mw @532),with a mile of coherent length and very stable, (will be making hologram test tonight) and the other one i may hold onto, as i sold my backup 315 to Jody Burns ,now he can use that stock pile of green slavach plates he has(leftovers from his argon days)!
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

ok , just a follow-up on the 30mw unit. its putting out 35mw and i was able to easly shoot a two meter deep one beam transmission hologram. :dance:

So to recap this unit will include laser head, controller both with heatsinks, and matched powersupply $375 (plus shipping). If this unit is wanted, dont hesitate as when i list it on Ebay(in a few days), ill be asking an additonal $50
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

the 30 mw unit was sold .....................