coherent 215m-10 laser with controller

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

this is a new 10mw (532nm) unit that includes laser head ,controller and cable to connect controller, a DC power supply will be needed to make this unit work (5volts@40watts).........

im asking $225 for this unit plus shipping please PM me for purchase details
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi Dave,
You forgot to add that these are almost always SLM. I have one I will soon sell here also complete with power supply and heatsink mount for the whole system...it will be sweet. Sam tested it to be pure SLM; yours probably is SLM also. A great entry level green Holography laser! Phil 142laser
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

142laser wrote:Hi Dave,
You forgot to add that these are almost always SLM. I have one I will soon sell here also complete with power supply and heatsink mount for the whole system...it will be sweet. Sam tested it to be pure SLM; yours probably is SLM also. A great entry level green Holography laser! Phil 142laser
Correct as always Phil! thanks. If this unit dosent sell ill proably turn it into a complete unit as well. Phil how much will you be asking for your complete laser unit ?
142laser

Post by 142laser »

For the complete laser mounted on a nice black heat sink ready to use I think $500. I will have about $200 intested with several hours of work; then testing as a complete system after assembley. It will ne a good deal and honestly one can do good work with 15 mW with a stable table. We are 'spoiled" now; in the old days a 15 mw HeNe was pretty high power! Now 100 mW 315M lasers are the "standard" green. The 15 mW laser is much safer; who has kids around?
pietroc

Post by pietroc »

Dear Dave,

I might be interested. Can you tell me a bit more. What do you mean exactly by "new" (I recently had a bad experience with a similar unit sold elsewhere) ?

If it's not brand new, then have you run any tests on the unit ?

How would you take payment ? Would you be prepared to use ebay and paypal as a marketplace for the trade ?

Best regards,
Pietro
142laser

Post by 142laser »

No worries buying from Dave; if it does not work right he will make it right. I bet on Coherent quality; it will work perfectly. :) Heatsink it well, use thermal grease, don't onertighten the head! Live long and prosper...:)
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Thanks for the words of support Phil ! This laser appears new, as there are no scuff marks around the installation holes, i have ordered a power supply (should be here shortly)and will be running a test before its sold. The transaction can be done at pay pal and this way both parties can feel safe. I have listed this laser here in an effort to by-pass EBay, i will guarantee its SLM output to be at or above specifications ..........
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Good deal. Check out the price of the inferior 10 mW Coherent 115M system that is probably not even SLLM at edmundoptics.com and you will see it is $5,610. :) Really this is a great deal and after all the work with heatsink and power supply mine will be a great deal at $500 also. A great little low noise SLM green laser with (I bet) 15+ mW output.

Who needs ~60 mW SLM with a perfect bead and dead stable? I have a pristine Amoco laser that was $26K new for $1,500 and it works like new. No dammit it does NOT leak oil...:) Phil, 142laser
pietroc

Post by pietroc »

Dear Dave,

What's the year of fabrication ? It should be printed on the case.

Do you know if this unit came out of a printer ?

I'm interested. My website is http://www.bss.phy.cam.ac.uk/~pc245/ on which you can decode my email.

I think I won't need the power supply, which might save some shipping costs. It would not work in UK. I'm happy to wait a few days for you to get the supply and do a visual check: If you can check the power stability after warmup (1 hour after switching on) that would be great.

Maybe better that we sort paypal details by email.

Best wishes,
Pietro
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

hello Pietro, as i stated above i believe this laser to be unused as there was no remnants of any heat sink paste, and no marring seen around any mounting holes, leads me to believe this unit is new ! I had a heat sink leftover from my 315s so i attached it and was able to run it off my dinosaur power supply, as I'm still waiting for compact PS.

the start up is same as 315 ,with small amber led ignition indicator (located on head)that comes on, and now a beam will follow shortly,
watching the power meter the jump wildly during warming up, i see the nice ramping up to full output (after 5 mins.) topping off at 11.5 Mw.
the interferomic fringes were rock solid and i cant wait to make a test hologram with this thing ! :dance:

PS this unit was made in 2005
Attachments
215m1.JPG
215m1.JPG (223.7 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
215m2.JPG
215m2.JPG (211.54 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
215m3.JPG
215m3.JPG (207.94 KiB) Viewed 3188 times