WTB: Half Wave Plates For 532nm

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
Jem

Post by Jem »

Hi all

I could do with a couple (maybe three ) half wave plates specifically for 532nm.

Does anyone have any kicking around that they're not using? These are for constructing a variable beamsplitter in my holography setup.

Thanks

Jem

P.S. I have a couple for other wavelengths but they don't work too good with 532nm, I need some that are specific to 532nm, thanks.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

Hi,
Try e bay store cheapoptics. Contact him and ask; he has meny, meny optics and is reasonable. Good luck. Phil
Jem

Post by Jem »

Thanks Phil :)

Cheers

Jem
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Hey Jem, why do you need 3? Usually 2 does the trick. One before the BS and one in one of the paths to rotate the polarization to match the other path.
Jem

Post by Jem »

JohnFP wrote:Hey Jem, why do you need 3? Usually 2 does the trick. One before the BS and one in one of the paths to rotate the polarization to match the other path.
:D

Hi John

Yep, as you suggest, two would be absolutely fine. However, I thought if someone had three kicking around I might as well go for it. That way i've covered all eventualities :D . There's no way on this planet I could afford to buy the waveplates at the prices Newport, Thorlabs and such charge :boohoo: . So, I was sorta hoping that someone may have a couple (or three :wink: ) laying around gathering dust that they may be prepared to part with for a reasonable cost.

I'm having great fun with my little optical table (1200 x 600), I'm just getting to grips with some of the geometry, you have to be pretty creative to fit some of the setups onto such a small area. I suppose one of the good points is i'm only using a maximum plate size of 5" x 4", I also have an 8" f3 collimating mirror. I made my first split beam transmission holograms last friday... I just Looove this hobby, every time I see a newly developed hologram i'm like a kid who's just seen the most exciting thing he's ever seen in his life :lol:

Also, now i've discovered how to post swell my 'green' holograms so that they replay 'Gold' I can't wait to get back into my workshop. It's taken me a long time to get to this stage, but my perseverence is finally paying off. I think the turning point for me was getting a 'proper' optical table and some decent mounts so I could lock everything down nice and secure.

I'm hoping to post some pictures of my results shortly, as soon as I get myself a new camera. My old one ceased to function when it was *just* outside the warranty period :cry:

Cheers

Jem