wanted: spatial filter

New Products as well as used products. Please list your un-needed equipment here so we can keep it in the family.
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Anyone have a decent spatial filter they would like to sell me? I've been trying to work with an "oem" filter that I bought a few weeks ago. It must have been salvaged out of some optical device that was factory callibrated and was not expected to be altered by the user. Although I can align the lens and the pinhole by changing their position within their own planes, I have no way of changing the distance between the lense and the pinhole. I can get a decent amount of light through (I think the pinhole is about 50 microns), but I can't fully callibrate it and I end up with central uniform illumination surrounded by a series of rings. Very frustratring. :wall: :x
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

i've got a few extra spatial filters (oriel and newport910) i'm willing to sell, what laser are you using and what power objective do you need ? I can include the correct pinhole for your needs, i need to sell some excess equipment to keep my holo addiction going .....
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Hi Dave. Thanks for coming to my rescue. The laser is a JDS Uniphase microgreen, 532 nm, running at 50 mw. I probably need a 40X objective since my table is small and I need to spread the beam quickly. This hobby certainly is addictive. I guess that's why we need support groups like this one. :D
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Dave, do you need any more info from me?
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Hi Dave. I haven't heard anything from you in a while. Did you change your mind about selling me a spatial filter? If so, just let me know please. Thanks.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

sorry about that! i currently have a #910 newport spatial filter , it has a 20x objective and a 15um pinhole,i dont have any extra pinhole holders for it, i also have a oriel spatial filter that has extra pinhole holders only (3),and a 20x objective. i was trying to contact a friend who uses the same laser as yours, to see what he is currently using, ive found these diode lasers somtimes do not follow typical math to calculate pinhole sizes.........

i'll want $200 for each unit plus actual shipping costs
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Hi Dave. Thanks. I would be interested in the Newport #910. I suspect a 25 micron pinhole might be better for me, but I am certainly prepared to try the 15 uM. In the meantime if you hear anything from your friend, I would appreciate any info/advice I can get. I am still very much coming up the learning curve with this hobby. Some days are utterly frustrating, but then there is the exhilaration too! Do you want to PM me for final payment instructions, mailing addresses, etc. It might also be useful to exchange phone numbers.
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

BTW if you like, you can e-mail me by using my forum user name @yahoo.com