Holograms on exhibit.

Have a great holography link? Post it here so we can all use it.
JohnFP

Holograms on exhibit.

Post by JohnFP »

For your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

Holograms on exhibit.

http://webmuseum.mit.edu/info.php?&v=1& ... xhibitions
Colin Kaminski

Holograms on exhibit.

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Wow, I finally get to see an image of Kiss 1!
DJ Mathson

Holograms on exhibit.

Post by DJ Mathson »

I wonder if this is the one I saw at the Holography museum in Stockholm during the 80's. I just remember that in the entrance there was a stereogram with a woman following you with her eyes (smiling?). That was the first stereogram I´ve seen. Has anyone seen the stereogram made by Cross (I think), with two nude girls (Pam Brazier?)?

I wonder where all the old holograms end up? There should have been thousands of interesting art holograms made. Are they on peoples walls or are they stored in attics or thrown away?

Colin, did you buy the Kiss II that was on eBay a few years ago?
Colin Kaminski

Holograms on exhibit.

Post by Colin Kaminski »

No, I was outbid and then contacted buy the buyer stating the hologram was very dim. I was also contacted by the hologram reseller in Canada who's name escapes me right now stating that they had the master adn would make me a copy. So, it is still available as a new hologram. I would love to find a copy but having little money for holograms makes it hard. I would rather have a blue laer than a copy of Kiss II.
DJ Mathson

Holograms on exhibit.

Post by DJ Mathson »

Colin Kaminski wrote:I would rather have a blue laer than a copy of Kiss II.
That sounds like a wise choise. Why not make a Kiss III (3) yourself? :)
Colin Kaminski

Holograms on exhibit.

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I would love to set up a stereogram printer. I have not settled all of the software issues in my mind yet. I have seen pre-distroted images from the MIT lab and I understand the reasoning but not the math behind it. I do own a copy of the Liti Holographics Kiss. It is the hologram that gets the most attention in my home. The combination of color, motion and a large viewing angle makes it a standout.