HOLOGRAPHICS INTERNATIONAL online

Have a great holography link? Post it here so we can all use it.
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

Thank you indeed, Sunny. Brings back so many memories. :-)

Now let's see if we can get Holosphere online too...
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Kaveh wrote:Thank you indeed, Sunny. Brings back so many memories. :-)

Now let's see if we can get Holosphere online too...
wow fantastic to see these! thankyou!

if the Holosphere was online that would be a double headder!
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thanks for posting that, Martin.

Among other interesting things, I saw Kaveh's "Fringe Locking Preview" from the winter '88 issue. It's about a fringe-locking method which promises to be better than any of the others, although it does require a material that shows some real-time effects, like DCG (it won't work with silver). There is a comprehensive and up-to-date discussion of this method by Lucila Cescato and Jaime Frejlich in a book called Three-Dimensional Holographic Imaging, edited by Kuo/Tsai (2002).

I think this method has tremendous potential for display DCG, because the actual real-time fringes in the newly-forming hologram (which create a moire pattern) are the things being locked onto. There is no secondary interferometer or secondary hologram involved. Thus, it promises to be the most "direct" of all fringe-locking techniques.

I have quite a few papers by the Frejlich group dating between '86 and '02. But as of yet, I haven't done any tests, nor do I know of a single person who has reported successful results with DCG.
bernardb

Post by bernardb »

Martin,

Thanks for the links.

Very interesting material!

WOW - a HeNe that produces 25mW SLM way back in 1987...how cool!

Bern
Kaveh

Post by Kaveh »

Joe Farina wrote:Among other interesting things, I saw Kaveh's "Fringe Locking Preview" from the winter '88 issue.
You know, I can't even remember writing that. But if noone steps forward, I'll take the credit. ;-)