Important DCG papers

Have a great holography link? Post it here so we can all use it.
Martin

Important DCG papers

Post by Martin »

Here are two very important DCG papers by Christo Stojanoff:

http://silvercrossproject.org/news_info ... 0final.pdf

(among the topics covered figures post-swelling).

http://silvercrossproject.org/news_info ... tation.pdf
JohnFP

Important DCG papers

Post by JohnFP »

Martin, Thank you for the post. I have not had a chance to read these until now but I am sure I will re-reading them a few times. They answer many questions and confirm a few too that I have/had about DCG and gelatin. Great information.

Thanks again!

John
dave battin

Important DCG papers

Post by dave battin »

Excellent find Martin! Yes it will take more than a few readings of these papers for me to understand them! Thanks for the posting!
Martin

Important DCG papers

Post by Martin »

JohnFP wrote:Martin, Thank you for the post. I have not had a chance to read these until now but I am sure I will re-reading them a few times. They answer many questions and confirm a few too that I have/had about DCG and gelatin. Great information.

Yes, some of Stojanoff's findings are quite puzzling! For example the influence of the drying conditions on speed and index modulation. And those electron miscroscope photographs of developed DCG holograms are pretty amazing.
JohnFP

Important DCG papers

Post by JohnFP »

Well Martin, I did find it. I search for your key word "molecular". Page 4 of your second posting in that thread. This is very interesting indeed.

The forgoing discussion of the structural dependence of the film properties on the drying and heat treatment temperatures
may be summarized as follows:
1. High drying temperature: the number of triple helix structures in the gelatin layer is small; an interconnected
network of these structures is almost non-existent. The amorphous state is dominant. The film exhibits high sensitivity
and high modulation
2. Low drying temperature: the triple helix fraction is large (30 %) but consists mainly of small structures; the
number of crystalline molecules is large. The film sensitivity is high (small helices) and the modulation capacity is low
(large number of crystal-like molecules).
3. Intermediate drying temperature: the number of the triple helix structure is intermediary but they are well
developed; the sensitivity is low (the large structures are abundant) and the modulation capacity is intermediate.
Additional information on the subject of the triple helix structures and their distribution is given in References 7 and 8.