"Itworks" dcg casio hologram

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

i wanted to get this up quickly to show you all .............

one beam reflection,20mw@45sec, expanded via concave mirror.

vailcoating w/lean ,mixture 2/16/100 - AMDI/knox gelatin/DI H2O

the bright flash off the razor blade is about 6 inches deep and original color was gold but was impossible to photograph, so i reprocessed it......
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Congratulations Dave, very nice. Any feeling for real-world sensitivity differences of the DCG to 445 versus 532 nm? Is a 45 second exposure with 20 mw of 445 roughly equal to 100 or 150 mw of 532?
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Very nice Dave, excellent job. You've proven it can be done :dance:

That's interesting that you used a concave mirror. I was also contemplating a concave mirror to help shape the beam. I was thinking about a custom-made (custom "sculpted" might be a better term) concave reflector. This could be molded in silver using the "precious metal clay" technique, and then sintered in a kiln to form a solid metal reflector. This is just speculative at the present time.
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Thanks guys ! Ron im getting the feeling this is on a good level with 100mw 532nm as far as sensitivity goes! Hi Joe i really love these lil concave mirrors! soon ill be bouncing all three colors off it! So stay tuned on that one!

first shot is the layout i used for "Itworks"

second picture is the mirror mounted to the ceiling !
Attachments
concave mirror w/mount
concave mirror w/mount
CIMG7130.JPG (217.15 KiB) Viewed 18226 times
set-up "itworks"
set-up "itworks"
CIMG7125.JPG (213.64 KiB) Viewed 18226 times
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

here a shot when i was color tuning the "grams"

here's the latest on my tests, i allowed my laser to run 48 hours stright and it stayed solid stable the entire period. Set to put out 25mw now, it becomes stable after 30 minuets warm up time...............i still cant believe it!
Attachments
color tuning 445nm  DCG's
color tuning 445nm DCG's
CIMG7155.JPG (209.1 KiB) Viewed 18221 times
closeup "itworks"
closeup "itworks"
CIMG7121.JPG (232.38 KiB) Viewed 18221 times
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Dave, it looks like you got so excited, you blurred the photos!

Superb job, they look fantastic. Nice ceiling-mirror by the way :wink:
Thieu

Post by Thieu »

Dave, in the color tuning pic, what's the difference in parameters between the three different plates? Cause mine look pretty much like the one in the center and I'd prefer it to be more like the one on the right (a bit less broadband to reduce the color smear).
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

you need to vary the degree of hardness in order to alter the film after its been shot, there are many ways to achieve color shifts, by way of film thickness, concentration, processing, many many ways... try to increase your films hardness via ,ageing ,heavy exposuer,baking, soaking , reprocessing (this method was used here) ..............

I only use one last hot alc bath(99%),that i pop in the micro wave 22 seconds before i need it !
Kiffdino

Post by Kiffdino »

Hi Dave,
22 seconds microwaving at how many Watts power ?

excelent holograms by the way :wink:
dave battin

Post by dave battin »

Kiffdino wrote:Hi Dave,
22 seconds microwaving at how many Watts power ?

excelent holograms by the way :wink:
im not sure! its a small size micro-wave and im only heating 6-8 fluid ounces, its timed to stop just prior to boiling :pray:

Thanks too!