New pseudo color DCG

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
Dinesh

New pseudo color DCG

Post by Dinesh »

Here's another pseudo-color DCG. This one inspired by a recent visit to Napa, California:

New pseudo color DCG

Post by Guest »

Nice :wink: It's hard to tell on my monitor, what color do the grapes appear in person? I see a dark purpleish brown on my screen.
Tom B.

New pseudo color DCG

Post by Tom B. »

I seem to recall you posting a test DCG holopic made with 2 lasers - red and blue? and wondered if this was more of the same technique. Search by author does not seem to work, so I couldn't find your earlier post. Anyway, since the term "pseudocolor" conventionally in holography refers to fake color with emulsion swelling and multiple exposures, I wonder what the best term for this partial true color would be? Bicolor I guess would be most descriptive.

With 3 colors, it would be conventionally called full-color. With effectively infinite spectral resolution, (e.g. Lippmann photos) we would have to call it hypercolor, since the term "full color" is already taken. I'm thinking of existing usage of the term as in hyperspectral imaging. So when we gat lasers that emit a large but manageable number of coherent lines over the visible spectrum, and make holograms, we will call them hypercolor holograms.