P-51 Rollout

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.

P-51 Rollout

Post by Guest »

:D Very Nice Michael. From your photo it looks like the wings are on the right on the plane of the hologram, and the nose is coming out at us.
JohnFP

P-51 Rollout

Post by JohnFP »

That is way, way cool. Your father is going to love it.

I also like the technique of adding a photo to a hologram and the ghost effect does need to be taken in concideration. What works really well with this hologram, in my humble opinion, is the fact that the bomber is from the past, thus is fits the "ghost" effect great. It says to me that the bombers still lives on in the sky.

Is the front part of the plane in front of the film? It looks like it is and I bet it is very stunning in real life. That is one I have to see in real life one day. Did you make yourself a copy? I hope so.

Excellent, excellent, excellent!
Dinesh

P-51 Rollout

Post by Dinesh »

It looks as if the plane is whizzing out through the clouds because the image plane is on the wings. Was this intentional? Anyway, great effect!
MichaelH

P-51 Rollout

Post by MichaelH »

It looks as if the plane is whizzing out through the clouds because the image plane is on the wings. Was this intentional? Anyway, great effect!
Thanks. Yeah, that was the intention. I didn't do anything to the model to make it look like the prop was moving so I thought I'd bring the plane farther forward and make use of the natural blurring of the parts that aren't in the film plane. This helps to make it look like it's in motion.