wiki suggestions...

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
MichaelH

wiki suggestions...

Post by MichaelH »

I thought I'd post this here to give them a chance to chime in with their opinions...

Colin, what do you think about adding the WikiDrops and (maybe) GoogleMaps extensions to the wiki? They're dirt-simple to install (ftp some files over, customize one file and you're done).

They would add the ability to show breadcrumbs (where the article you're viewing is primarily linked from) which is really useful in figuring out the article hierarchy and google maps (for geographic information).

I'm using these in my own wiki and you can see both on this page. The breadcrumbs appear at the top of the article and the map will be obvious :-)
Colin Kaminski

wiki suggestions...

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I looked into wiki drops. It seems to bo a good extension but the upgrade path gets a little confusing with mediawiki releasing "snapshots". At any time it could stop working and then I would have to debug it. It also will take a fair amount of time to get it to look right because my style is so heavily modified. It does not simply read my existing style and use it's paramaters.

What would be the use of google maps?

PS The "What links here" button is very useful when looking at the heirachy.