Jumping straight to the right page from previous months

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
jeff-blyth

Post by jeff-blyth »

How can I jump straight to the right page to find a discussion we had during (for example) November 2005 please?

Jeff
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

I don't see a way to bracket a search based on time and the closest I could get to what I think you're after is to set the search to display the results based on posts rather than topics. That'll still mean you have to scroll through the results until you find some posts that are in the right time period but it might get you closer than the default topic-based results.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

jeff-blyth wrote:How can I jump straight to the right page to find a discussion we had during (for example) November 2005 please?
Jeff

This is exactally the problem with a forum and why the wiki was created. We often saw the same things talked about over and over because it take stoo much time to find old threads. Any time we take to add to the wiki will make life easier for everyone.
Colin Kaminski

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Jeff, trying to find the thread you referenced was not too hard. I put in "alum" as thesearch term and put "Jeff*" as the author. I only got 6 hits. Two of which were in the end of October.