Forum Pages

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
JohnFP

Forum Pages

Post by JohnFP »

Colin, I tried to access the last pages of the General Holography section using the page numbers on the right and it seems the last three pages displayed cannot be accesses. This causes anyone who want to see what was going on at the begining of the new forum to go back one page at a time.
MichaelH

Forum Pages

Post by MichaelH »

I strongly suspect this is due to the removal of Dinesh's posts back when he vandalized the forum. The indexes are out of sync now. That's also why some threads give you errors if you try to go to the last post.
Colin Kaminski

Forum Pages

Post by Colin Kaminski »

It is also causing problems with the search feature. I did not delete his posts but replaced the text. A hacker came in and deleted his posts later.
walschuler

Forum Pages

Post by walschuler »

Dear Colin,

On my computer (Mac OS 9.2) this page

http://holographyforum.org/phpBB2/viewt ... c&start=15

of a 3 page thread on the Forum on mode-hop free diodes ( avery interesting thread!) is twice as wide as the others. It is an annoyance to have to scan right and never see the whole window at once. Can you fix it? Could I (the receiver) fix it?? I find this occurs on a number of URLs I visit. These days I also see sites where the left part of the picture is outside my window by a small amount and can not be brought into view. Any cure for that??

Thanks!

Bill
Colin Kaminski

Forum Pages

Post by Colin Kaminski »

There is a long awated software update that fixes this bug. It happens when part of the thread contains a large picture. If everyone made their pictures no wider than 300 pixels it would be fine. For now we are stuck with it.