PCG

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
MichaelH

PCG

Post by MichaelH »

JohnFP wrote:I have made it a habbit never to use autologon for any service. The password is stored on the local machine when you use autologon. I realize it is usually encrypted but anyone that has access to that machine and fires up a service in which you have autologon enabled is also automatically logged on.

I never use public machines for forum access, so that's why it works for me.
JohnFP

PCG

Post by JohnFP »

You also don't have little inquisitive minds running around your house. Hehe!!! :wink:
MichaelH

PCG

Post by MichaelH »

Colin, could you add a link to the PCG site next to the wiki link above? That might help drive a bit of traffic over there.

To help a bit more, I've posted a question to all members (if you're a holographer, you're a member) that I'd like some feedback on.
MichaelH

PCG

Post by MichaelH »

Colin shot me the code he's using for the links above and I've added some return links from the PCG forum back here and to the wiki.
MichaelH

PCG

Post by MichaelH »

Colin, thanks for the PCG forum link.

I've got some serious questions for everyone regarding formalizing the PCG. Please (everyone) take a moment to respond.

Making the PCG legal?
JohnFP

PCG

Post by JohnFP »

Is the lack of response on the PCG forum due to a lack of interest, a lack of visitation to that site or are most here still unfamilliar with what it is?
MichaelH

PCG

Post by MichaelH »

I'm also very interested in these answers. If the PCG (whatever the name) is going to continue to exist, it needs membership and participation.
BobH

PCG

Post by BobH »

Though I certainly enjoyed participating in the PCG meeting #2, and would again if scheduling and free time allowed, I never thought it necessary to form a seperate "group" for the activity. Certainly not a seperate web site for the unnecessarily seperate group. Too much dilution for a very small group.

I recommend dropping the PCG Group along with the name and it's site, and simply adding a section here for "Gatherings". It's a vestage of members (no longer participating here)who created more noise than signal (in my opinion).
MichaelH

PCG

Post by MichaelH »

It's a vestage of members (no longer participating here)who created more noise than signal (in my opinion).

It actually isn't (imo) a vestige of those people. The gatherings began when I organized and hosted the first one. Making it happen was a bit like herding cats (or pushing rope) and those two didn't help that much with the meeting prep. On the other hand, they did make some presentations which is an important aspect of the gatherings. My point being that the group shouldn't live or die based on the participation of one or two people.

At PCGG-I we talked about using the group to reach out to schools and the like to help build general interest in holography back up among a newer generation. Several of us have done that individually but having an official organization would help get us into more places.

This is just one of the things we'd envisioned doing with the PCG but as long as it's ad-hoc they're difficult to accomplish.

Unfortunately the behavior of forum-vandalizer and his gnome had the effect that several attendees lost the desire to participate further. I'd like to get it going again though.