Google Analytics

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
edelbrp

Google Analytics

Post by edelbrp »

Hey Colin, I've got a Google Analytics account. I'd be happy to create a profile for the site. Then you can get some additional statistics that your log analyzer (if you are using one) might not provide.

I'd just need two things. This code put somewhere near the bottom of each page, but before the </body> tag (preferably just before it).

<snip>

And, your Google username (usually an email address) so I can give you access to the reports.

Let me know if you are interested. If not, then nevermind! :')

Phil
Colin Kaminski

Google Analytics

Post by Colin Kaminski »

That sounds great! I'll work on adding the code. I don't modify the body code often but I can.

PS I snipped the code from your post and saved it for the security of your account number.
edelbrp

Google Analytics

Post by edelbrp »

OK. I enabled the account, it's just waiting for the script code to be added to the pages. You can send me your Google account username whenever you wish (or easily create one here: https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount )

The tracking code can be used for both the forum and the wiki, if you wish (I'm particularly interested in the wiki. :')

BTW-The easiest thing to do is to put the code in the footer include. I did this with a few other sites. Very simple that way. You may also need to put the code in a few other special purpose pages by hand (like the main landing page for the domain, for example).

The statistics are pretty cool to look at. And, I can add as many viewers to the stats as we wish (like Michael and others).

Have a safe & sane one everyone!

Phil
edelbrp

Google Analytics

Post by edelbrp »

Bump!

=')

No rush, I'm just being selfish and curious to see the stats.

-Phil
Colin Kaminski

Google Analytics

Post by Colin Kaminski »

OK, OK... :)

I'll work on it this weekend. Everytime I have to modify the code I have to refigure out where everything is located. I don't have any memory for code anymore. When I was a teenager I could keep all of my code in my head. Now, if it wasn't for comments I would be helpless...
edelbrp

Google Analytics

Post by edelbrp »

Colin Kaminski wrote:OK, OK... :)

I'll work on it this weekend. Everytime I have to modify the code I have to refigure out where everything is located. I don't have any memory for code anymore. When I was a teenager I could keep all of my code in my head. Now, if it wasn't for comments I would be helpless...

lol, OK.

It's simple, I promise. Copy and paste into the footer. ;')

PS- I feel the same way. I had to dig into some ancient email-autoreply thing today and realized (after a complaint) that I had to update not just a form, but the cgi. Left a comment there in the code for myself next time to remind the old guy (me) that I have to update the cgi, too! ;')

Phil