Holography Wiki

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I am looking to start building a holography Wiki. Any one interested in participating please PM me.
dave battin

Holography Wiki

Post by dave battin »

wiki as in free communication? not having to "sign in", how would the forum benifit?
MichaelH

Holography Wiki

Post by MichaelH »

One way is that we could easily start and maintain a FAQ without information spread all over the place as it is now.

Even though there's a lot of gold here one usually has to do a lot of sifting to find it. The forum also doesn't have change tracking which means post editing can't be allowed.

With wiki software people like ForumWrecker couldn't get away with that sort of vandalism
Ron Michael

Holography Wiki

Post by Ron Michael »

:D I think a wiki would be a good format for a knowledge base, just like wikipedia has become. At work we also use it as a knowledge base, although they have not dealt with issues of authorship and plagiarism. On the web, a lot of people, including myself, don't take the time to site references.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I am not to concerned about references. Also since our group has many of the active hologrphers I don't think there is much need for plagerism. We are quickly becoming a collection of very experienced holographers.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

The holowiki is almost live!

Take a look here:

http://www.holographyforum.org/HoloWiki
dave battin

Holography Wiki

Post by dave battin »

it looks great colin! ok where do i (we ) signup?
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

To sign up send me an email with your prefered user name and email address. I would like to use our real names but I know this is not an option for some members.

I will then have the HoloWiki email you a random password. You can login and change your preferences including your password to something easier to remember.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I built a table of the properties of different films here last night. Editing the Wiki is not very hard but there are some things to learn.

==title==

===sub-titile===

====sub-sub-title====

will make a Table of Contents

* Item A

* Item B

Will make a bulleted list

# Item 1

# Item 2

Will make a numbered list

Problem

Solution

Will make the Problem in normal and the Solution in a box.
Colin Kaminski

Holography Wiki

Post by Colin Kaminski »

Just added A Beginners Approach to DCG. Thank you John!

http://www.holographyforum.org/HoloWiki ... ach_to_DCG