Do you know skype?

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
JohnFP

Do you know skype?

Post by JohnFP »

MICHAEL, I THINK I KNOW MY OWN NAME!!! LOL!

Somehow Skype must have merged my e-mal and name because no were in my profile is the word holograms3djohnfp found. Very puzzling!
MichaelH

Do you know skype?

Post by MichaelH »

JohnFP wrote:MICHAEL, I THINK I KNOW MY OWN NAME!!! LOL!
No, you don't Fred. ;-)
JohnFP wrote:Somehow Skype must have merged my e-mal and name because no were in my profile is the word holograms3djohnfp found. Very puzzling!

When you were registering you had to enter your "name" which is the thing people call you in your day to day life. You entered "johnfp". You also had to choose a "skype" name which is a unique identifier within the skype system. You chose "holograms3djohnfp" which you can see in the screenshot I sent you yesterday.

It's important for everyone to give out their skype name, not their full name from their profile. There are at least three people subscribed to skype with "johnfp" as their full name but only one with holograms3djohnfp as their skype name. You.

Of course, it doesn't help that the contact search in skype is flaky and sometimes doesn't return a hit even when one puts in correct information.