The Importance of Temperature Stability

This is a forum to share experiences and ideas about holography.
John Klayer

Post by John Klayer »

I finally got around to trying the temperature stabilization experiment last weekend. I put the apparatus in the cave on Saturday afternoon then came back to do some shots on Monday afternoon. The shot done just after the laser powered up was just as good as the one done much later.
John Sonley

Post by John Sonley »

John Klayer wrote:I finally got around to trying the temperature stabilization experiment last weekend. I put the apparatus in the cave on Saturday afternoon then came back to do some shots on Monday afternoon. The shot done just after the laser powered up was just as good as the one done much later.
Pleased you've got some good results and OK about the laser warm-up time. In practice, if I*'m going to prepare any hologram I always switch on my HeNe first thing in theb morning, usually before breakfast so that by ythe time I'm ready to shoot at film, the laser will have been 'on' for at least 2-3 hours
It's a sunny but coldish day today, so I'll be out in the garden quite soon, tidying it up for the arrival of winter - - - holography will return when the weather turns nasty
BRgds
John