Absent administrator ?

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
holomaker

Absent administrator ?

Post by holomaker »

I have made several posts asking Ahmet about issues on this forum with out any replies? Maybe Ahmet should think about transferring ownership of the forum? Does anyone agree with me about this? The attitude has steadily eroded over the past few months........ This forum used to be a GREAT place to exchange information, I don't think you have done best Ahmet, I am not saying I would do better, but maybe handing the forum over to another member would help to undo the past problems what do you say Ahmet?
dannybee

Absent administrator ?

Post by dannybee »

maybe the forum is abandon....!!!!
holomaker

Absent administrator ?

Post by holomaker »

dannybee wrote:maybe the forum is abandon....!!!!
It would seem so, ive sent PM to Ahmet w no response ....................
a_k

Absent administrator ?

Post by a_k »

There was a single pm from you, holomaker, dated Nov 14, which was deleted by its author before it was read. If you want to get in touch with me, please use the forums email function.
a_k

Absent administrator ?

Post by a_k »

Your suggestion is fine with me, holoforum will be closed on Jan 31 2015 as a place to discuss holography. Please use the remaining time to organise a new meeting place.
jsfisher

Absent administrator ?

Post by jsfisher »

a_k wrote:Your suggestion is fine with me, holoforum will be closed on Jan 31 2015 as a place to discuss holography. Please use the remaining time to organise a new meeting place.
Thanks for the advance notice, and thanks for the time and effort that went into keeping this place going.

As part of a transition to a new forum home, would you be willing to share a full backup copy of the forum database and would you be willing to transfer ownership of the holoforum.org domain name?
World's worst holographer
Steven

Absent administrator ?

Post by Steven »

a_k wrote:Your suggestion is fine with me, holoforum will be closed on Jan 31 2015 as a place to discuss holography. Please use the remaining time to organise a new meeting place.
Ahmet, thank you very much for setting up the forum up and keeping it going as long as you have, despite some unjust criticism.
I'm very sorry to hear that the forum is going off line. I have learnt much from reading it's content and taking part in some of the discussions.

Illegitimi non carborundum.
Steven.
Martin

Absent administrator ?

Post by Martin »

Steven wrote:Ahmet, thank you very much for setting up the forum up and keeping it going as long as you have, despite some unjust criticism.
Yes, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, AHMET!
Joe Farina

Absent administrator ?

Post by Joe Farina »

Thank you, Ahmet, for doing such a stellar job with the holoforum over the years. Your patience and sense of restraint are greater than mine.
John Klayer

Absent administrator ?

Post by John Klayer »

What would a new person need to do to be the administrator? Would it require more than a PC and time? Some other equipment?