PM problem

Announcements and discussion about the operation of this forum.
lobaz

PM problem

Post by lobaz »

Hi,
it seems something is wrong with PMs - there are two messages hanging in my outbox, one for Ed, the other for Dinesh. It seems they have not been sent, although at least Ed logged in since I wrote them.

Petr
admin_jsfisher
Site Admin

Re: PM problem

Post by admin_jsfisher »

Rats!! I hate what may well be permission problems with the forum. They are such a pain to find and fix.
admin_jsfisher
Site Admin

Post by admin_jsfisher »

...or it may be working as designed.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=841175
It is not stuck there. The outbox is where messages go before they are read by the person receiving the pm. Once it has been read by the recipient the pm will be moved to the sent box. this allows you to edit or delete the message before it has been read if need be :)
lobaz

Post by lobaz »

admin_jsfisher wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:48 pm ...or it may be working as designed.
Who knows... Anyway, it seems everything is OK now. Thanks for keeping the forum!
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I also have had weird issues. I got two notifications that I had a new PM but when I log in there are no messages. Dinesh says one of his students was trying to contact me about a laser. :( No messages despite the notification. Best, Phil
grecha

Post by grecha »

Hello. I confirm that there is a problem with private messages. one message has been in outbox for more than a day.

Sergey
grecha

Post by grecha »

admin_jsfisher wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:48 pm ...or it may be working as designed.
oops, sorry. sometimes it’s better to be silent than to speak)